Solar collector systems are advantageous to build in facilities where hot water is consumed regularly throughout the year, such as private homes. Even more advantageous if the consumption of hot water is seasonal in summer, such as in cottages, guest houses and hotels.
The solar system in Latvia has been operating productively for 6-7 months, from April to October. Between November and February, when there is not enough heat produced by the sun, it must be taken from the existing heat supply system.
The system of professionally designed solar collectors switches to another energy source automatically.
Sauleskolektors.lv recommendations when choosing solar collectors and their systems:
- Choose quality solar collectors from a reputable manufacturer that gives their collectors at least a 10-year warranty;
- High-quality solar collectors must comply with European standards EN12975-1-2. A reliable manufacturer must be able to present internationally recognized SolarKeymark certificates and independent laboratory power measurements;
- There is no economic basis in Latvia to try to achieve more than 70% share of solar energy in the hot water supply system and 30% in the combined hot water and heating support system;
- It is not worth installing solar collector systems for heating support if the flow temperature of the heating system exceeds 50 degrees Celsius, as well as if the building has insufficient thermal insulation;
- To provide heating support in Latvian conditions, not less than 10 m2 of solar collectors are required;
When comparing the dimensions of solar collectors, the areas of the absorbing surface should be evaluated, not the physical dimensions;
- Attention should also be paid to the thickness of the thermal insulation layer of the collectors. In Latvia it should be at least 50mm;
- Automatic deaerators and other plastic-containing parts must not be used when installing the solar system. May only be mounted using metal pipes;
- If the boiler volume exceeds 400L, the solar collector system must be able to automatically provide regular thermal disinfection;
- Allegations that the optical efficiency of solar panels exceeds 85% are false advertising;
- In Latvian conditions, it is not expedient to invest money in such solar collectors, the absorbent surface of which is covered with absorbent paint, selective varnish or similar. In Latvia, only selective absorption surfaces work effectively, e.g. Alox, Mirotherm;
- Great care must be taken if a low-cost solar system is offered, which may not include several essential units, such as a heat-insulated pipe, boiler, control unit or load-bearing structures;
- A very important component of the "solar heat pump system" is Sauleskolektors.lv flat vacuum solar collectors, which are manufactured and installed according to a patented technology and are particularly efficient. Other collectors together with the heat pump can be used only for water heating, not for heating, because only Sauleskolektors.lv flat vacuum solar collectors are safe against condensation.
Sauleskolektors.lv offers solar collectors and their systems that meet all these points.